Thursday, August 20, 2009

A week since I've been back from Northern Ireland. I still daily think about that place. It's all the little stuff that makes me want to go back. Cool breeze that reminds me of the fall season, the way that they say things differently, the beautiful green pastures everywhere I look, amazing and delicious Coleraine Cheese, the water diluted squash (juice), the passion and loyalty for their club football team, intense looking clouds and sky which seems bigger and closer to the land, and many many more - all these things continue to remind me how much I enjoyed the trip.

I will go back and live there one day.

"Escape to the water, and stare up at the stars and moon and sky. I was lying on my back with my fingers in the sand. Alone in Miami, it sounds so funny and yet here I am. It's funny how life is seldom what you plan"

Well, here are more pictures. I still have not developed the LOMO films, but that's after the MCAT. Everything is after the MCAT.


Photobucket
Shot in the van at Ballykeel. The kids waited for us and right as we pulled in, they jumped on us.
Photobucket


Photobucket
more shots of Slieve Donard
Photobucket
on top of Slieve Donard
Photobucket


Photobucket
Causeway Coast. Simply beautiful. You can see the boat coming towards us in the distance.
Photobucket
Funny story revolves around this pic. Andy Byers, our fearless leader, decided that we were going to take a scenic route. When we turned in the scenic route, the warning said no vans or buses. Well, this is a minivan, it'll be ok. That's what we thought. Anyway, the road is no wider than 10 feet and some parts was literally terrifying (and beautiful at the same time). We drove through inches away from cliffs, huge slopes and steep steep down hills. Andy kept honking on the horns to warn the others, while all of us in the minivan were screaming at incoming cars. I stuck my camera out the window and shot this photo and bunch of others.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Mussenden Temple. Probably my favorite place. This is somebody's library. Not bad at all.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
On top of Slemish





No comments: