Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Such is life 2.0

I was talking to somebody today. And she said, "Such is life".

Such is life. Whatever that means.

I feel that so much of my life has changed. Such is life back then is no more today.

I work everyday in the greatest hospital in the world. That was suppose to be a joke. Well, sort of. I love the hospital, the staff, doctors, nurses, and everyone in between. Sometimes I don't. Sorry. I'm being very vague.

I'm also a full-time MCAT study person. I hate it, many times, but I realize that this is the last leap to the "finish line".

Holy moly! I'm going to Northern Ireland Sunday. That is still shocking. I still deny it. but I am ready for the cool weather.

More and more, as I'm cleaning the stretcher, transporting patients, and doing meaningless chores around the OR (well, it's not meaningless, but compared to what I want to do - performing surgeries that save lives - it seems so worthless), my desire to be a doctor grows each day. Whoa. Until now, I was always skeptical about why I want to be a doctor. Now, it seems like someone turned on a light. I can see. I can see myself performing surgeries. This is crazy. It has never been this clear. It's right here, every time I go into the operating room, with the smell of burning flesh, blood, and other scents. This is what I want to do.

Ahh! Here is the most depressing part: I have at least 5 years to do what I want to do, not until I get into residency. And before that, I have to get into med school, pass the boards, and get into the residency program that I want. Patience. I keep telling myself that. One day, it will happen.



1 comment:

Mark Cook said...

i'm excited you're getting to go back to northern ireland. hopefully it will be a good time for you to refresh and see God's beauty over there. AND to take a break from MCAT studying. glad to see you post again, keep it up!!